Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Macro Costa Rica?




Funny story.......

Okay, so I was standing outside at work and noticed the moss growing on the 50 ft by 1 & a half inch ledge on the side of the building.

It had some really interesting formations  and since I had my phone with me I snapped off a few photos to look at once I got home.

Well. The photos above is the ones taken with the camera phone...

to be continued......(keep reading- it's all in this one post, I promise).......




Soooooooooooo
then the next day I was out at the same spot- only THIS time I had my New Cannon inside at my desk. So I decided to get a closer look at the "landscape" I was wanting to photograph and the closer I got- the more landscape-like it looked.
Now as I was leaned over looking at the miniture landscapes and looking for the most eyecatching formations, one of mine and hubbys workmates came out and glanced over as he was walking past.
He walked to his car, got something out(or put something in-I dunno- I wasn't as interested in him as  I was the photographs I was planning on taking) and then as he walked back by. He stopped and watched me for a couple of minutes and then said......."Okay, I GOTTA ask....what are you DOING?"
I just laughed and said....." Do you see this moss?....Well, when you get REEEEEEALLLY close, it looks a lot like a miniture coastline in Costa Rica or somewhere like that.....I'm going to take a photo of it in a little while when I go on my lunch and was looking for the most eye-catching bits to shoot."
He looked at me- looked at the wall- looked at me again- shook his head and walked back to the entrance of the building. 
Mind you- he works in my husbands department....and Paul said- when the officemate(whose name also happens to be Paul) got in , he walked past my Paul and patted him on the shoulder and said  "I feel for you, man." and then proceeded to tell my Paul about our conversation outside.
Apparently, I'm the Crazy American Lady now.
 I just think MY Paul should be happy I can keep myself entertained occasionally.

And on THAT note- The photos below are the ones I took that day.




And today when I went outside- Officemate Paul was standing  there and declared,
"Look Sunny- Apparently, there has been a Hurricane in Macro Costa Rica- It's flooded!!!."
Oh Ha. Ha.    
...........Ha.
(In all honesty, it WAS waterlogged from all the rain- and one other thing.....he's been looking at that ledge in a whole different light now, hasn't he?)
I have changed a life. 
:-)

At any rate...here are a few images of the coastline of the REAL Costa Rica.....
I got them off Google-Images-I didn't actauuly TAKE them myself with my camera....danggitt.



 The End.

2 comments:

  1. To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour.
    ~ William Blake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Michael. You are definitely a well read man.

    ReplyDelete