Wednesday, July 17, 2013

JULY 17, 2013

I went on a solitary walk in the park. I had the beginnings of a migraine and thought maybe a bit of fresh air might help...So I grabbed my sneakers and my photo gear and heaed out to the local park....Just a few hundred yards from my front door, luckily. The sun was going down behind the trees, so I just strolled thru the almost empty park and snapped off a few as I went. I got 65, but these were my favs. The one above is one I took of the water under the bridge just as you go in the park. I sat there at the top of it for a good 15 minutes trying to get the sunlight glinting off the water just right.
This one is at the same spot where the one of the kayakers was taken last week. Same area. Can you tell I love the water??? The way it ripples and creates the white-water just mesmerizes me.
I also love the smooth, glassy bit as it flows over the spillway. This particular spillway has a VERY gentle slope to it compared to most that are more like huge dams back home. Water is SOOOOO relaxing.
This little fellow was on the playground with his mum and baby sister. After asking his mum if she minded, I snapped away while he played on the jungle gym, you can see part of it above his head.  That smile reminded me of our CJ- my youngest son's little boy....and maybe a little bit like Christopher, my daughter's littlest boy. Cheeky Monkeys. After playing awhile his mum told him they needed to go home and have their tea(supper) and before he left he ran up to the fence and said it was very nice meeting me and TY for taking his picture!!! Such a polite little man!! He looks like a Charlie, doesn't he?
This guy and his mate(buddy) was wading at the bottom of the spillway from the photo above. Apparently, the water was "This" deep which we can clearly see. I think he kinda looks like Hugh Laurie, don't you?
This is who Hugh was telling the depth of the water to. He finished that beer and another before going in. I like it when occasionally someone actually notices and acknowledges that I'm taking their photo. He's probably called Brian. Yes, Brian sounds right.
This pair seemed to know Hugh, They refused to go across to the little island where Hugh and his mate were, tho. They stayed firmly in the shallows where it was only knee deep.....approximately exactly where they are now. I dont think Darla(the little girl) actually liked that there was FISH in the water. Well, it IS a river. (And no- I don't know that Darla is her name, I just name the people in my photos whatever I think they look like they SHOULD be named. The moms name should be Irene, don't you think?)
I laughed at these three. They were playing on one side of the river....there was a group of boys on the other side about the same age. They just kept shouting taunts back and forth between them the whole time I was there. Young Love. LOL.
This was a fellow  having a bit of a stretch in the park. I took a photo of the couple walking him and the lady struck up a conversation with me while her husband and the doggie had a bit of a rest on the park bench. She told me where there was another park(a water park) a bit further down in the opposite direction, and took my number so if she can get a bit of spare time, maybe we can stroll down to it together. Her husband has dementia and she is his main carer. Bless her, she was sooo sweet!! Her ACTUAL name is Jeanne.

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this new hobby?

4 comments:

  1. There you go, Michael. I got them loaded before I had to go to bed, but didn't have time to post the stories, but soon as I got in from work this afternoon I got right on it!!

    I'm so happy when you leave comments!! I think I have maybe 5 people who read it becuase thats the average views I get....altho a couple of days the pageviews jumped up to over 40, Lord knows why!!

    I wish more people left em!!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the backstories! And yes, the guy does look a bit like Hugh Laurie. (I confess, it was he who interested me the most when I asked for the stories!)

    I know what you mean about pageviews. I usually get three or four a day -- Tom, BTW, is not one of them--, and then it will bop up to 67 or something absurd. I suppose it is because I accidentally mention some big keyword, not that people are looking for my blog as such.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Paul doesn't read MY blogs either. I, on the other hand, DO read his- not that he ever posts anymore.

    I never thought about keywords being the reason I got so many pageviews on any given day!

    ReplyDelete